Careers Coordinator (part-time)
School: St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls, Carshalton, Surrey
Job: Careers Coordinator
Salary: Salary Grade 6/SO1, Point: 26 - 31 (£23,970 - £28,032) pro rata depending on
Hours: 21 hours per week, 3 days per week, term time only
Start date: Immediate
St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls in Carshalton in Surrey are seeking to appoint a part-time permanent Careers Coordinator to provide professional leadership for Careers, including providing advice to students and subject leaders about UCAS and HE applications, delivering a variety of teaching approaches to enable Careers Education and Guidance (CEG) objectives to be achieved, as well as setting targets to continuously improve standards for all students.
The successful candidate will have thorough knowledge of the Careers Education and Guidance and be able to promote its practices in line with the strategic view of the School's commitment to high achievement and outstanding teaching and learning. You will already have relevant experience within an education setting and proven ability to undertake a variety of duties executed with excellence at this level, as well as having obtained the appropriate qualifications.
The role requires an individual who has exceptional communication skills, is diligent, highly committed, focused and able to think strategically. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an outstanding school making a major contribution to the school's continued success.
The role requires an individual who is:
- Educated to Degree level
- Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of Careers Education and Guidance
- Experience of Russell Group applications
- An understanding of the application process for medicine, law and engineering
- Recent experience of working in a Careers Guidance role, preferably in a school setting
- Ability to inspire students and staff
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls is a thriving Technology, Language and Leadership Partner College with highly motivated pupils and staff. The school has 1,248 pupils with 295 in the Sixth Form.
Our Ofsted report from March 2008 says "St Philomena's is an exceptional school."
2011-2012 A-Level results:
- 21% A*
- 45% A*-A
- 75% A*-B
2011-2012 GCSE results:
- 98.4% 5 A*-C
- 86.5% 5 A*-C (inc En & Ma)
- 49.8% A*-A
Closing date: 12.00pm, Friday 23rd November 2012
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 26th November 2012
Further details and an application form are available from Tarja Aila at our partner Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email . Please also go to our website www.stphils.co.uk for further details.
Safeguarding: St Philomena's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure.