This job is no longer available
Java Software Developer
My client is a leading provider of information security services worldwide.
They provide a range of professional services and solutions including their
Award Winning web based security management product.-
Due to continue growth and R&D Investment plan they are looking to take on
a Java software developers for their application server development team.
The successful candidate will help design, develop, and support their product
- Working on all aspects of an iterative software development lifecycle to
agreed standards and timelines
- Attending business process mapping workshops with project managers and business analysts
- Provision of task and timeline estimates to project manager
- Provision of technical design specification for review
- Prototyping and implementation, promoting/adhering to best practice guidelines
- Participation in agile status reporting to project lead and other team members
- Implement current industry and proprietary frameworks
- System unit and performance testing; UAT testing support
- Participate technical design and code reviews with a focus on adopting best practice amongst the group
- Drive key design decisions with respect to server architecture and service exposure via APIs.
- Discover, Spec, Design and Implement key new features in our runtime engine.
This is an implementation position, not a "whiteboards and meetings" position.
Take a leadership position on software engineering infrastructure and processes.
Technologies used: Java, Spring, Hibernate, XML, Jquery, MySQL & Tomcat.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Between 4-8 years Experience working with Java/JEE environment
- Web services or consumer internet environment
- Test driven development a plus
- Strong knowledge of and experience with MySQL
- Desirable having Experience in building scalable web service applications
- Experience in designing for and testing under large data volumes and stress conditions desirable
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree
Salary and bonus are very competitive.
If you would like more info on this role please call Mark Kelly on (01)8883444 today!!
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com