This job is no longer available
The role will mostly include, but is not limited to:
- Installation and maintenance of existing computing, storage and backup systems. The Sys Admins team's responsibilities include hardware, OS, infrastructure support applications and functional applications.
- Provide input into the design, testing, implementation of the company's server infrastructure and services
- Follow IT compliance requirements when designing and implementing systems and applications
- To assist in the monitoring and taking corrective action for daily backup of all IT systems.
- To assist in the periodical test of Disaster Recovery.
- To be able to prioritise workloads and at times under pressure
Knowledge and/or experience of the following are essential;
- Linux (Redhat/CentOS)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008R2
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- VMware ESX 4.1, 5
- Apache/IIS website administration
Knowledge and /or experience of the following are desirable;
- Citrix XENAPP
- Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010
- Batch/CLI, Powershell Scripting
- Window Server Core editions
- Change Management process
- Networking; LAN & WAN, Routers, switches, DNS
- Working with hosting companies to support Hosted virtualised environments.
- SQL DB Maintenance Tasks
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com