This job is no longer available
Project Manager - 3 month Contract - North West
Type - Contract (3 months +)
Location - Greater Manchester / Leeds
Start Date - 26th November or 3rd December
Software Development / Technical Project Manager is required for an initial 3 month contract based in Greater Manchester.
My client views this as a key position and are seeking an individual who can demonstrate the ability to own a project and bring both pragmatic and structured qualities to delivering projects in an exciting and rapidly evolving market. This role requires hands-on engagement in the running of projects and a real commitment to their success.
Key specific project tasks are:
- Procure serviced office
- Setup development environment
- Manage transition of team to new office
- Day to day team management
- Status, issue and risk tracking and reporting
- Approve timesheets
To this end, we require the candidate to demonstrate:
- A proven background in Project Management with Software and preferably Hardwa components.
- Ability to manage office and technical infrastructure work
- Ability to work at a senior level with Development, Test and Operations teams, both in-house and third party
- Ability to work with developers and motivate teams to achieve results.
- Ability to work with Customers and third parties to develop and manage schedules. Capable of influencing at this level to agree plans that bring benefit to all parties.
- A strong technical ability including skills to understand development processes in depth
- Attention to detail sufficient to develop and maintain specific project plans in a very diverse and rapidly changing development environment.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision
- Develop plan and manage to it
- Communicate status, raise exceptions and propose mitigation
- Adapt plan to changing business priorities
- Own the project - definition and delivery
- Manages factual evidence, audit trail (how are we doing things)
- Manages 3rd parties involved in project
- Knowledge and experience of structured methodologies (PRINCE2, DSDM, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile development methods (SCRUM, XP, etc.)
- Ability to work in less structured environments using pragmatic approaches to delivery
- Thorough understanding of Software development methods and realities
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of mixed resource types
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed teams
- Proactive problem solving ability
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent project activities of differing duration and priority
If you believe you are suitable for this role, please call me on 0161 817 7888 and forward me your CV asap.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com