This job is no longer available
EMC Storage Team and Technical Lead - 60-75K TC + Bonus
Location: Cambridge (Car Commute Suggested: easily commutable from Cambridge and surrounding areas, inc North London and Essex)
Sector: Financial Services
A leading global financial services company are looking to hire a Data Storage lead to manage and take ownership over their EMC storage environments and to provide on going expertise and have the ability to drive improvements for this business critical infrastructure. While this is officially a Storage Manager position and includes management benefits, it is essentially a highly hands on technical lead role with storage team lead responsibilities.
The role will involve:
- Day to day management of the Data Storage Infrastructure (EMC Vendor Tech) and associated system performance evaluations.
- Drive improvements and controlled change to storage estate and implementation of new technologies.
- Delivery of storage projects/technologies in line with SLA's to meet business needs.
- Rapid response to major storage incidents and ability to be SME for high level escalations
- Team lead responsibilities including; direction and guidance for engineers, project resources and being business facing expert for storage team.
Ideal Core Skillset:
- Strong EMC storage knowledge, including; VMAX and VNX block and file storage, EMC Centera and EMC backups. ( + associated certifications)
- Other desirable tech including; Datadomain, Brocade SAN switches, Recoverpoint appliance, Unisphere, Symcli.
- PPE, Test and Development data storage administration and engineering skills for Windows/UNIX platforms.
- Data Storage Technical Capacity, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning.
- ITIL - Service Delivery
While technical competency is important, equally so are communication skills and the ability to develop relationships across business and technology teams in order to effectively deliver solutions. This is a Greenfield style role, so for an enthusiastic business facing storage technologist this is the ideal opportunity to help put a stamp on the technology footprint and roadmap for the organisation long term.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com