This job is no longer available
The Senior Completions Engineer is primarily responsible for offering technical support to new and existing clients to ensure they are provided with both the equipment and the knowledge that best suits their business needs. The Senior Completions Engineer will work closely with the Business Development and Completions Manager to follow through on client interest. The Engineer is expected to act as the focal point for the company with specified clients.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
Candidate to be a strong Engineer with a Completions / Sand Control industry background. Candidate should have 10yrs plus experience within the industry.
Competencies: (Technical skills, behavioural competencies, specialized training or Defined Competencies as outlined in Darcy Competence & Training System)
- Effective and confident manager of Equipment and Personnel logistics including stock control, project resources and technical requirements
- Experienced in the training and supervising of personnel on a technical level
- Experience with Scheduled and Preventative maintenance cycles, Project management, Quality Management systems, HSE regulations and COSHH associated within the similar industry
- Innovative and tenacious aptitude to fault-finding and task completion, with an appetite to learn, retrain and adapt to achieve goals
- Previous offshore experience in completions related activities
- Must possess a good level of general education, including Mathematics and English (Verbal and written)
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibilities connected with the strategic planning of activities within the company are:
- Servicing potential new clients. Ascertaining their individual needs and offering suitable solutions followed up by technical advice on a regular basis.
- Provide clients the technology, tools and technical support to enable the field locations to deploy new technology applications. Co-ordinate the utilization of personnel and tools and organize personnel and equipment resources in the most productive and cost effective way to implement new technology rapidly while ensuring high level of quality and cost efficiency.
- Co-ordinate between clients and Engineering to enable requested product modifications, adaptations etc. to be communicated/coordinated.
- Perform software Engineering such as Torque and Drag and ICD modelling as per customer requirements.
- Review resources, capabilities, and infrastructure requirements to match anticipated activity levels
- Produce/coordinate all aspects of operational requirements such as torque and drag, sand retention testing and rigsite procedures
- Seek out new business opportunities from inside client offices during day to day business.
- Maintain close relationship with Engineering to maintain high level of product knowledge.
- Assist with producing the company management system for Applications and Engineering functions to ensure the department functions in an effective and efficient manner.
- Seek to develop skills through training and seminars.
- Disseminate operational and financial information to ensure that the department works as a motivated team.
- Communicate with the relevant supervisors detailing work schedules and requirements.
- Contribute to the Group's annual budget and 3 - 5 year plan;
- Control both internal and third party related costs at all times to maximise effective use of company funds;
Communication and Information
- Attend and actively participate in all relevant weekly/monthly and annual departmental meetings
- Ensure management are provided with the necessary information to manage and develop the business including a monthly report if required
- All job relevant paperwork and reports to be completed and produced in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development and functionality of the company QHSE systems and structure and populate the company IMS with relevant Procedures, flowcharts etc to ISO standard
- Apply the company Group and where appropriate Client's Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Procedures
- Comply with all company QHSE system requirements and culture
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment
- Ensure that all Quality and operational procedures as identified in company QA Manuals are adhered to at all times
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure that all Quality, Manufacturing and facilities procedures as identified in the companies IMSs are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all functions are performed in accordance with legislative requirements
- Ensure all incidents/accidents are immediately reported and relevant paperwork completed.
- Ensure that the company works to the principles of Environmental Management and legislative requirement.
- To review personal training and development requirement
- Review and monitor training of assigned personnel
- Attend fortnightly management meetings when required;
- Attend departmental weekly meetings