Linux Specialist - 3-6 months
My client based inWest Londonurgently seeks a Linux Specialist on a 3-6 months contract with the potential to extend.
* Set up and run a full Django stack consisting of WSGI containers (gunicorn or uwsgi), nginx web servers, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Redis and other webfare.
* Support and work alongside an agile development team to ensure they have all the facilities to get their job done including development, stage and production environments
* Define the technical and infrastructure architecture for new websites
* Support virtual and physical machines
* Participate in and support news ways of working; for example converting to an agile project management process
* Solid proven Linux system admin skills (preferrably Debian or Ubuntu)
* Working knowledge of IIS and Microsoft Windows servers
* Good knowledge of Python, and experience running python web applications (WSGI)
* Some exposure to Django development
* Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL administration, including setting up replication
* Experience defining and implementing data backup strategies
* Experience with Infrastructure as code, using Puppet or an equivalent open source tool
* Experience with setting up monitoring and alerting systems
* Good working experience with scripted and automated deploys
* Experience working with high traffic commercial websites
If you feel you have the knowledge and experience of a Linux Specialist then please apply ASAP. Interviews will be taking place this week so please act fast.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com