This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
Location: West Yorkshire
Consultant: Rachael Farmer
The responsibilities of the role:
* To undertake Energy Assessment for compliance with Part L2 Building Regulations compliance, renewable energy feasibility assessment (including planning statements), energy/sustainability consultancy for existing buildings, use of IES modelling software.
* To develop working understanding of BREEAM assessment requirements and schemes and provide internal support to primary BREEAM assessor, attend client/design team BREEAM meetings, assess evidence provided, provide consultancy support to client/design team
* Working within a team environment to delivery project works within strict deadlines to a high level of technical competency
* Provision of written reports detailing works undertaken and outlining any required advice to meet objectives and targets
* Liaison with other business areas for delivery of specialist advice to support wider business ventures and opportunities
Skills and Experience:
* Relevant academic degree/qualifications in energy, sustainability or engineering field
* Keenness to develop a career in the energy and sustainability sector of the construction industry
* Excellent diagnostic and report writing skills
* Excellent IT skills, including working knowledge of spread sheets, databases and Microsoft Office & AutoCAD (Sketch-up also desirable)
* Working knowledge and experience of relevant legislation including ADL2A (2006 & 2010) and other standard industry guidance documents
* Willingness to take on extra responsibility and duties through additional relevant learning alongside current duties to ensure broad knowledge of new technologies, legislation and opportunities
* Qualification in provision of Energy Performance Certificates for Non-Domestic Buildings to Level 4 standard (Level 5 desirable).
* Experience/familiarity with IES assessment software.
* Experience of design team meetings and ability to present verbally to clients, team members, and internal staff
* Membership of relevant professional Institute, such as CIBSE or Energy Institute
* Experience or competency in the use of Revit software platforms
* Experience in delivery of mechanical or electrical building services consultancy/design
* Experience in the delivery of Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for non-domestic buildings across a range of sectors and building types.
* Driving license and access to own vehicle
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to improve own level of knowledge and learning alongside undertaking main working duties
* Ability to balance thoroughness with commercial demands
* Clear and confident communication skills, verbal and written
* Highly developed and creative approach to problem solving
* Good interpersonal skills
* Self-motivated and pro-active
* Autonomous but also team player
* Shows initiative, drive and enthusiasm
* Pragmatic with flexible approach
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0)203 0022877 firstname.lastname@example.org