This job is no longer available
English Teaching Job in England
Isle of Sheppey Academy, Kent, England
Teacher of English
The Isle of Sheppey Academy based in Sheppey requires a Teacher of English to commence in January 2013.
The Isle of Sheppey Academy is an Academy for girls and boys require an innovative and enthusiastic English Teacher to join the English department with effect from January 2013. You must be committed to extra-curricular activities and able to support the continuing successful development of music throughout the school. The subject is taught from KS3 to KS5.
With 2,300 students and over 400 teaching and support staff, the Academy is setting out to transform education and learning for the people and children of the Isle of Sheppey. The Academy was created in September 2009, with Dulwich College as the lead sponsor. It is an exciting time to join us on our educational journey of improving the aspirations of the community and of the local area. The Academy is based on two sites, two miles apart and using the schools within schools concept.
In March 2013, a major £54 million building and development programme with two brand new learning environments will be completed, each equipped with the most modern technology will be completed, taking advantage of the latest computer-based teaching and learning approaches.
Do you have:-
- Hold QTS Teaching Qualification
- Experience of teaching 11-18
- A proven track record as a good or better classroom practitioner
- A track record demonstrating the achievement of high standards, continuous improvement and quality assurance
- A track record of effectively leading/motivating students and staff and developing team approaches
- Evidence of a commitment to own professional development aspiration towards Headship and beyond
- Evidence of keeping up to date with educational thinking and knowledge
- A strong commitment to the professional development of staff
- A generous retention package for those teachers who achieve 3 good or better internal lesson observations using the Ofsted criteria
- Relocation package such as interest free loan for deposit
- Secondments with Dulwich College, Support for MA in Teaching and Learning (subject to performance criteria)
- £54m purpose built brand new school opening in March 2013
- Tailored CPD programme and support with funding
* Please note that applications will only be accepted via Tracy Wisdom at Capita Education and forms must be returned for short listing *
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.