Senior Technical IT Consultant/Engineer - 60-75K+
Senior Client Facing Technical IT Consultant/Engineer - 60-75K+ Benefits + Bonus
Sector: Financial Services
Location:London+ some European travel
A market leader in trading and financial risk management systems (Commodities focused) is looking to hire a technical deployment IT consultant/engineer to join their technical consultancy team that work closely with their rapidly growing client base. The team offer infrastructure architecture guidance to top tier financial clients, preparing, installing and offering pre and post implementation technical support both remotely and onsite.
Please note: This is NOT a sole project management role, it's a highly hands on technical architecture/deployment engineering position so strong hands on technical skills are important.
This is a multidimensional role covering the whole spectrum of IT Infrastructure deployment and support so the consultant will have ownership over the whole process and lifecycle. Training will be provided for their bespoke financial and commodities trading software and components, however a strong broad infrastructure knowledge is important. Experience deploying and supporting complex interlinked system infrastructures in a consultative fashion is therefore ideal.
Ideal skill set and experience:
- Broad Infrastructure engineering and support knowledge: Windows, Virtualisation/VMware, Citrix/XenApp, Networks, Storage, SOA/Tibco/MQ/JMS, Databases, Oracle and MS-SQL (While a broad skill set is ideal, expertise in a couple of areas and exposure to others is also applicable)
- IT Project lifecycle: planning, architecture, implementation and maintenance
- Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong Communication skills and ability to develop relationships
- Any exposure to Development including .Net/C# or Java is desirable
- Knowledge/exposure to front/middle/back office financial/commodities environments
While technical expertise is important, strong client facing communication skills are imperative as the technical team are consultants to key clients including trading houses, hedgefunds and top tier Investment Banks, with a high level of functional understanding and proficiency and the ability to tailor and deliver to clients needs. Flexibility and European travel is essential as clients are split betweenLondonand mainlandEurope.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com