This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 plus car allowance and benefits
Location: Manchester/North West England (flexible working available)
Consultant: Dominic Wall
An exciting and exceptional opportunity exists for a planning focussed Project Manager within the northern office of a national renewable energy developer.
This is a unique opportunity to join an expanding company in the wind/solar energy sector with a track record of success, and an impressive planning pipeline.
Reporting directly to the Director the right individual will be responsible for project management of the development and planning process (the latter most significantly). Experience of the wind and solar PV sector, whilst of benefit is not a pre-requisite. An understanding of bringing projects from concept through the planning and project programming process is important.
The role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
• Project management of the planning and development process
• Involvement in Options Agreements
• New business development where appropriate.
• Engaging and managing outsourced resources, for example site EIA consultancies
• Maintaining all key relationships with third party stakeholders and organisations, particularly local authorities,
• To a lesser extent working with some project financing, budgeting and strategy
A ‘hands on role’ that requires somebody to work independently and conscientiously.
This is a broad project management role, and the right individual will come from a background in which they have performed a pivotal role in managing difficult externally facing relationships in contentious public domain projects and public engagements.
The right candidate will also have prior experience of project management of the planning process, and will have had experience of the following:
• Project management of the planning of a range of structures, particularly high profile contested developments
• Legal agreements and commercial negotiations
• Project finance experience is not necessary but would be a distinct advantage
• Managing projects through the public and institutional enquiry processes
• Working with multiple stakeholders and outsourced partners and the public.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 2030022877