This job is no longer available
A recent restructure has led to an urgent requirement for an experienced development manager or head of development to join and manage a mid-sized team of technical specialists in the South Yorkshire area. The successful candidate must understand the full development lifecycle, have a strong process-orientated approach, be familiar with at least one development methodology (such as agile or v-model) and have worked in technical teams using SQL Server, Microsoft .Net / C# and ERP systems (ideally Dynamics AX / Axapta).
The development manager must have experience in:
- managing mid to large size teams of technical staff
- a service orientated approach
- experience in a multi-site environment: minimum EMEA experience, global desired
- a strong focus on project deliverables and a good commercial acumen / business understanding
- technical knowledge across multiple systems including SQL Server, .Net / C#, ERP (ideally Dynamics AX but others such as SAP considered)
- working with diverse groups of people
Core skills for this role would include:
- ability to "speak techie" as well as with the business (i.e. strong communication and stakeholder management skills)
- excellent planning and presentation skills
- strong attention to detail
- an ability to "take informed risks" - careful consideration of technical issues but willing to make decisions
- project focused but able to keep the "bigger picture" in mind
Additionally, any experience as part of a major change programme within IT would be helpful, as would knowledge of Service Orientated Architecture / SOA.
This is a very important role and the successful candidate will have a clear and achievable promotion path laid out for them. Above all else, excellent communication skills and a sense of gravitas are integral for this position, as is a solid technical background and a real understanding of how development teams work as a whole and fit into the wider business.
An excellent salary of between £60,000 - £70,000 is on offer, in addition to excellent benefits including company car, bonus, strong pension scheme, full private health care and much more.
Please don't miss out on this excellent opportunity - submit a current CV marked for the attention of Chris Reilly and/or call on 0161 817 7888 ASAP.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com