This job is no longer available
Gapyear.com is a social networking and travel advice website committed to providing travellers with everything they need to know about taking a gap year. Gapyear.com was created by backpackers, for backpackers, and offers expert advice on travelling, volunteering and working abroad, all tied together with inspirational ideas, opportunities and products. To learn more about Gapyear.com, click here.
Gapyear.com is part of Flight Centre Limited, a global travel company and one of the world's largest travel agency groups and a rapidly expanding network extending throughout Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, South Africa, Hong Kong, India, China, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates and, of course, the UK. By investing heavily in our people and supporting rapid career progression, we have consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. We have also featured in The Sunday Times "100 Best Companies To Work For" for 8 years with special awards for Leadership and Training and Development programmes.
Gapyear.com is currently seeking a sales-savvy Business Development Manager. This position is full time and based in New Malden, Surrey (20 minutes from London's Waterloo). This is an exciting opportunity for two individuals to join an incredibly passionate team of travellers who provide expert information to backpackers.
Responsibilities and Requirements
Working within Flight Centre Limited's UK Headquarters, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the profitable business growth and advertising sales for gapyear.com. In addition, you will develop key allies in the travel industry, from adventure suppliers to tourist boards, to support gapyear.com's long-term business strategy.
The successful applicants will also have the following qualities:
- Experience in finding leads and winning accounts
- Ability to meet sales targets, appointments and daily call goals
- Knowledge of online advertising and the travel industry (desirable)
- A self-starter with a proactive and positive attitude
- General administration skills for client invoicing and contract renewals
As part of the global Flight Centre Group, gapyear.com offers award-winning benefits including:
- Discounted travel and access to incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Global social events that are the envy of the industry
- Exceptional career progression programme with worldwide opportunities
- Free health and financial advice, onsite massage and fitness sessions
- Opportunity to take a three month sabbatical after five years
If you have ambition and top-notch sales skills, fill out the application form below and tell us why you should join the team.