This job is no longer available
Senior Java System Architect / Design Engineer required for global financial company based in the City! £60k + exceptional benefits package + work / life balance!
Highly technical financial company looking for an accomplished Senior Java Designer / Architect to join their technology team to help build a greenfield global platform - read on to find out more!
This company is the leader in providing Card Payment Processing services globally to a multitude of clients. They are operating in more than 40 countries across the globe!
Due to the success they've experienced this year, they need to build their technical team considerably to help them design a new platform - if greenfield is your thing, this could be the role for you!
Day to day:
- Gather and refine requirements from the business - playing the lead role in solutions design
- Work as the Java design lead across multiple projects
- Act as technical lead for junior Java members of the team
- Lead from the front - previous hands on Java development including J2EE, J2SE, multithreading
Must have skills:
- Enterprise Java development skills - J2EE, J2SE, Multithreading
- SQL - Sybase and Oracle
- Unix - Linux or Solaris
- OO Analysis and Design - extensive experience
- SOA Design and Implementation experience
- Either finance industry experience OR complex internet application experience
- Agile - any experience with TDD, Unit Testing is very important.
- Experience working on Distributed Systems
- Previous experience working on Greenfield projects - from design and architecture stage
- Previous experience in mentoring more junior staff
If this sounds like you, please apply ASAP to be considered.
£60k + bonus + benefits!
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com