This job is no longer available
School: The James Hornsby School, Basildon, Essex
Job title: Teacher of Business Studies and ICT (Key Stage 3 and 4)
Start date: April 2013 or sooner
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Full time
Salary: MPS/UPS (London Fringe Allowance)
The James Hornsby School in Basildon in Essex require a dynamic and outstanding Teacher of Business Studies and ICT to join their team from April 2013 or sooner. The timetable is mostly Business Studies teaching with some lessons in ICT.
The James Hornsby School opened as an Academy on the 1st October 2012 in partnership with The King John School in Benfleet.
We work intensively in partnership with The King John School so you will work with an outstanding team to help make a significant contribution and help us improve James Hornsby even more. We are professional, friendly and determined to succeed.
Our school is very ambitious and has significant plans for development over the next few years. We have a building development programme in place (partly funded through BSF) and curriculum developments planned.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Qualified to deliver the Business Studies and ICT across Key Stages 3 - 4
- Proven and successful Business Studies and ICT teaching experience
- Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Passion for Business Studies and ICT and ability to inspire students
- An excellent communicator who is able to meet deadlines
- A reflective practitioner who is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school
Ideally, this job is suitable for experienced teachers.
Closing date: ASAP
For further details and to apply please contact Tarja Aila at our partner Capita Education Resourcing on 0800 022 3829 or email Please also go to http://www.jameshornsbyschoolcareers.co.uk/ for further details.
The James Hornsby School & King John School are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced CRB disclosure.