This job is no longer available
Gapyear.com is currently seeking a sales-savvy Business Development Manager. This sales position is full time and based in New Malden, Surrey (20 minutes from London's Waterloo).
Gapyear.com is a social networking and travel advice website committed to providing travellers with everything they need to know about taking a gap year. Gapyear.com was created by backpackers, for backpackers, and offers expert advice on travelling, volunteering and working abroad, all tied together with inspirational ideas, opportunities and products. Gapyear.com is part of Flight Centre Limited, a global travel company and one of the world's largest travel agency groups and a rapidly expanding network extending throughout Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, South Africa, Hong Kong, India, China, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates and, of course, the UK.
Working within Flight Centre Limited's UK Headquarters, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the profitable business growth and advertising sales for gapyear.com. In addition, you will develop key allies in the travel industry, from adventure suppliers to tourist boards, to support gapyear.com's long-term business strategy.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Experience in finding leads and winning accounts
- Ability to meet sales targets, appointments and daily call goals
- Knowledge of online advertising and the travel industry (desirable)
- A self-starter with a proactive and positive attitude
- General administration skills for client invoicing and contract renewals
As part of the global Flight Centre Group, gapyear.com offers award-winning benefits including:
- Uncapped commission structure with a first year OTE of £35,000
- Discounted travel and fantastic incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Industry renowned social events and excellent company culture
- Exceptional career progression with worldwide opportunities
- Fast-track leadership programme to develop our future leaders
- Comprehensive induction, sales, product and leadership training
- Free and confidential financial advice from our in-house financial advisors
- Free health consultations, discounted fitness sessions and gym memberships
- Discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, tax-free bikes and more…
- Opportunityto take a three month sabbatical after five years