This job is no longer available
Salary: up to £45K basic + benefits
Location: Midlands based with national travel
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Tim Hall
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading international energy consultancy who are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join their growing sales team
The successful Business Development Manager will be based from home (preferably in the Midlands) and will travel across the UK representing our client in prospective business opportunities
• To achieve your weekly, monthly and quarterly targets for both client presentations scheduled, delivered and business agreements
• To actively pursue all prospects within and develop on-going relationships to maintain an active presence in the market.
• Ensure the greatest opportunity to renew existing business and extend contractual relationships
• To develop a personal and detailed sales plan so that your performance can be measured and adapted as markets, systems and relationships develop.
• Daily completion of spreadsheets with sales and performance figures against targets.
• Proactive in reading all industry-related publications on an on-going basis to keep ahead of the competition.
• Proven sales record in the UK energy industry in a blue chip, business to business environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to present persuasively in order to build rapport and sell the business.
• Ability to sell and present at board level
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Demonstrate the ability to close sales.
• Forming relationships to establish credibility quickly with senior clients often at Director Level.
• Strong negotiation skills within a sales environment.
• A competent user of Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 203 002 2877