This job is no longer available
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Location: Scotland and South East
Consultant: Tom Daltas
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company is pleased to represent a leading environmental and engineering consultancy with a global presence. This is a multi-disciplinary consultancy offering commercial, project management support and technical services in oil & gas, geoscience, marine and HS&E worldwide.
The Role: The successful candidate will join one of the UK’s leading providers of ornithological support services to the renewable energy industry both on and offshore. The ecology business is diverse and sustainable, providing the opportunity for the right candidate to grow and flourish in ecological consultancy. Location within Scotland and the South East will be flexible depending on experience and qualifications. You will contribute to the development of the offshore ornithology business in the UK and, depending on experience, write EI Assessments and Habitat Regulation Appraisals, mentor staff, assist or lead the preparation of bid documentation etc.
Experience and skills:
• Experience of other sectors, such as transport, forestry or ports development
• Practical understanding of relevant literature and guidance on seabird interactions with offshore renewable developments, such as SoSS commissioned reports
• Previous experience of conducting ornithological studies and surveys, particularly in relation to seabird species
• Experience of project management and tendering
• Knowledge of the application and consent process for offshore wind farms in the UK;
• Knowledge of legislation and policy in relation to the conservation of birds and designated sites for birds
• Technical writing skills, with experience of writing EIAs and HRAs, particularly for the offshore renewables industry
• Statistical analysis skills, with a knowledge and ability to interpret and present data appropriately (ideally including the use of ‘Distance’, and ‘R’, or a capability to learn these applications)
• A first degree in a relevant subject and a post-graduate qualification or equivalent experience.
• Good team player, reliable and able to rapidly establish a high degree of trust, rapport and gain co-operation with all clients and stakeholders;
• A full UK driving licence
To apply for this role please send your CV to:
+44(0) 203 002 2877
Please get in touch with any queries
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies