My client is currently on the lookout for a mechanical engineer to join their team based inBristol.
The role will involve designing specialist vehicles from concept through to finished turn key products. A product will typically comply with one of the following descriptions:
- Bespoke vehicle derived from modifications to a commercial van
- Bespoke vehicle derived from modifications to a SUV
- A bespoke body built onto the back of a commercial truck chassis-cab
- A bespoke articulated trailer.
To complete all required CAD duties in support of the sales and manufacturing departments. The main role is of working assembly design and progression through to part drawings.
The suitable candidate will have the following skill and experience:
- Engineering degree in appropriate discipline desirable
- Extensive experience within an automotive or automotive components supplier group would be highly beneficial
- Extensive experience working with 3d CAD (NX7.5 desirable)
- Fully capable with 2D drafting using AutoCad.
- Working knowledge of commercial vehicles, commercial vehicle bodies,
- Able to work as part of a small team and actively participate in creation and development of innovative design solutions within the CAD environment.
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications.
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please send across an up to date copy of your CV or contact Varinder for further information on 0117 9388088.