This job is no longer available
Londonbased Hedge Fund seeks Junior Systems Administrator.
A top tier hedge fund is on the search for their next employee. The company is seeking a Junior Systems Administrator to become an integral part of their Systems team.
The client is searching for a core hands on technologist who has a strong passion for using new and exciting technologies.
Responsibilities within the role:
- Monitoring complex in-house systems and our automated trading systems
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange management
- Vmware ESX virtual infrastructure
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments, including Windows XP and Windows 7
- Server upgrades and deployments, including Server 2003 and 2008
- Server and workstation hardware, diagnostics and repair
- Security issues and improvements, including boundary protection, physical security and AV alerts
- Software upgrades, including trading and general infra applications
- Backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plans
- Automated software packaging and releasing system
- Perl scripts and PowerShell cmdlets to automate daily tasks
This is a permanent role which will suit someone who has a real interest in infrastructure, and a demonstrable aptitude for applying computing concepts and their skills to solve real problems.
The company pride themselves on hiring candidates with high academic achievements. They prefer degree qualified candidates with a 2:1 degree or better and 3 A-Levels equivalent to 3 B's. Degrees in the Computing or Sciences are advantageous but not essential.
Ideal candidates are either recent graduates or with some experience within an IT role (6-18 months), although candidates with more experience would also be applicable.
Salary and compensation package will depend on experience and the skills the candidate has to offer but will be in line with expectations at a top-flight financial institution.
If you are interested in this role then please forward you CV to the email address listed.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com