This job is no longer available
Huxley Associates are in the market for an experienced electrically biased Project Manager who has experience leading projects within the Water Industry. We are currently representing a North East based engineering company who specialise in designing and manufacturing engineered solutions to clients within the Water industry.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Project Manager (with some mechanical bias) to undertake an initial 12 month contract with a view to extend beyond.
The successful candidate will have experience managing water based projects from cradle to grave. This will involve working closely with the customer to define requirements, liaising with the design department to put drawings and plans together, overseeing the manufacture & build of the engineered solution as well as overseeing the installation, maintenance, testing and commissioning services ensuring completed satisfaction upon customer hand over.
You will come from and electrical or instrumentation background and will have sound experience working within the water industry. An IOSH or NEBOSH certification is required.
To be considered you will have:
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage electric system.
- Knowledge of instrumentation essential e.g. Level, Flow, Pressure, Temperature, MOV,s
- Knowledge and understanding of PLC-HMI-SCADA systems essential.
- Knowledge of Water Authority Specifications.
Key duties include:
- Project management ensuring work covered is carried out to the high standard of workmanship associated with the company within the budget and within the programmes set.
- Liaise with Design Department to ensure contract deliverables are identified and scheduled
- Maintain contract programme - progress reports and update on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that safe working methods are included at the planning stage.
- Co-ordinate all site activities in line with the contract specification, programme of work and drawings as for construction.
- Document generation and implementation in line with management procedures.
- Material acquisition and control - ensuring that all orders are supplied on time, at the right cost in the right condition and as tendered for.
- Estimates the time and material costs required for projected jobs. Keep cost and job records and submit reports, initiate requisitions for supplies, tools and equipment.
- Obtain all the necessary information from the sub-contractor to ensure they reach the quality levels prior to any orders being submitted.
- Manage CDM projects and update CDMC where required
- Liaise with sub-contractors to ensure project requirements are met.
- Management and support of site labour through the foremen and understand their needs for training and development.
- Ensure that work risk assessment including method statements, and other assessments are prepared, reviewed and accepted prior to work commencing.
- Ensure that COSHH and other assessments are obtained, displayed and precautions specified are implemented.
- Monitor contract progress ensuring interim claims are produced on time, identify and cost all variations as they occur.
- Seek out additional work within the mechanical and electrical field. Represent the Company in a professional and friendly manner.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com