Network Engineer (+Linux Networking) - Oxford
Network Engineer (+Linux Networking) - Trading House - Oxford
Salary: top tier financial salary + trading house bonus
A quantitative trading house inOxfordare looking to hire a network engineer to design, develop and operate their growing network infrastructure.
The role is highly multidimensional and will involve; design, evaluation, deployment, analysis and resolution. Examples of responsibilities include; Intersite connectivity requirements together with high performance LANs across the global both interal and externally. Maintenance of networks, telephony and low latency systems. Use of Linux Networking and software with commodity vendor network devices.
Ideal skill set:
- Strong network skills; BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, VLAN, QinQ, STP, IPSEC, VRRP, GRE, LACP, LLDP, QoS and load balancing.
- Linux Networking; Quagga, iproute2, iptables, etables, pcap, xfrm, bridging, bonding and RDMA.
- network technology research and procurement.
- performance analysis, evaluation and resolution of network devices and issues.
- appreciation of virtualisation, eg Linux KVM.
The company are highly meritocratic and look to hire talented and hard working individuals with bright new ideas. An ideal candidate will have good academics and a broad networking skill set. Salary is dependent on skills and experience and will be highly competitive with the OTE very strong yearly total compensations.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com