Business Analyst - Strategy & Dependency Analysis, Risk Systems
Responsible for the scoping, requirements analysis and business solution design for a number of small projects, or a large project where there are high levels of complexity and ambiguity, and multiple stakeholders that span multiple functions or products. With particular focus on reviewing and assessing potential interlock with other dependency streams within the programme and other strategic initiatives within across bank.
- Defining the detailed project objectives and scope through analysis of dependencies and other strategic programmes within the Group
- Identification and management of key stakeholders including senior executives, acting as the liaison point for communications and ensuring subject matter expert input where required
- Defining the approach to business analysis, solution design and requirements gathering in order to deliver the best outcome for the project in the available timescales
- Constructing the plan for the production and approval of agreed business analysis deliverables, including resource analysis
- Gathering and analysing information to support the understanding of business issues or opportunities
- Designing and facilitating of activity to support the production of business analysis deliverables
- "As-is" and "to-be" business process modelling
- Defining and documenting of business requirements, including production of business requirements catalogue and business architecture report
- Defining and documenting of detailed business operating models (as necessary on large projects)
- Ensuring all business analysis deliverables are completed in accordance with established processes, practices and procedures, and meet pre-defined standards of quality
- Identification of design gaps and owning the resolution of design issues and key design decisions,
- Informing production of cost estimates, benefits, and key performance indicators ensuring the requirements align to these and that measurement mechanisms are in place
- Ensuring appropriate validation and impact assessment of change requests, and that any changes are reflected in project documentation
- Working through the entire business change lifecycle, ensuring that on-going project activities (development, testing and implementation) and changes affecting project scope are in line with business needs and requirements
- Supports test, implementation and hand over planning, assessing business impact and risks associated with change, owning and resolving problems and issues as required
- Engagement and management of stakeholders to support the delivery of analysis deliverables
- Identification, mitigation and escalation of risks and issues
- Provide continuous improvement of BA techniques for driving delivery of appropriate solutions as quickly as possible and sharing of best practice within practice pool
- To work independently on a number of smaller projects, or a large project that has a high degree of complexity and a large number of internal (within risk ) and external (across Group or third parties) stakeholders. May be required to direct the efforts of other BAs
- To be considered for this role you must have:
- A proven track record as a business analyst within Financial Services. Ideally within Wholesale banking risk projects and programmes.
- Previous experience of strategic and project analysis within the financial services sector is essential
- Stakeholder management essential, in particular engagement at a senior level
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with confidence clearly, effectively and concisely
- Ideally strong issuer and scheme knowledge
- Proven experience of working through challenges, identifying and considering alternative solutions and making recommendations based upon sound judgement.
RATE: 450/DAY FOR A 5 MONTH INITIAL CONTRACT.
If you meet this criteria and are immediately available for interview / can start within 2 weeks from point of offer / have no adverse credit history, then please respond with this advert with an up to date copy of your CV asap.
If this role is not for you then please take the time to forward on to anyone else in your network who may meet the criteria and could be interested.
Please contact Hywel Smith for further details once your CV has been submited.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com