IT Support Engineer (Middleware) - Cambridge
Middleware IT Support Engineer - Financial Services
Salary: £40-60K + performance bonus + 28 days holiday
Sector and Location: Financial Services -Cambridge
A leading financial organisation is looking to hire a Middleware Support Engineer to support and improve the company's rapidly growing IT Middleware technology stack within a mixed Linux / UNIX / Windows environment. This is a growth role within a brand new team that is being built out as a result of a rapidly developing IT infrastructure and associated business needs so this is an exciting time to join.
This role is suitable for two different types of candidates:
1. Someone with some but not a huge amount of exposure to Middleware Technologies with a good IT Support background. This person may have some skills in either Oracle Middleware or IBM Middleware technologies and be very keen to learn in this space.
2. Someone with a broad middleware support skill set across the Oracle and IBM technologies below to join in a technical lead style capacity for the team.
Below is a list of Middleware and associated Technologies supported by the team and with that the opportunity to develop this broad skill set in the role:
- Oracle Middleware - Fusion, Weblogic, Identity Manager (OAM, OVD, OID, OFI etc), WebCenter, Documaker and BPMN
- IBM Middleware - Websphere MQ, Websphere Message Broker, Jrules
- Linux - Red Hat Linux / OracleEnterprise
- Windows - Windows Server/Platform, Microsoft IIS and Sharepoint
- Sterling Security FTG and Proxy, Informatica, Control M and IAM
- DNS Fundamentals, BIND Network fundamentals
- Appreciation of ITIL frameworks and support
The team will be growing considerably over the next year and will become a business critical team for supporting middleware technologies for the top tier financial organisation so they are open/flexible in terms of the talent they hire so if you are interested please do get in touch. This is the perfect opportunity if you want to work in an enterprise financial environment with good business exposure that is forward thinking with technology.
Because the location is Cambridge this is a much nicer/easier commute for many people North of or in Great London and surrounding counties, many of their employees previously worked in the City and preferred to swap the concrete jungle for Cambridge.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com