This job is no longer available
Java Developer - £30,000 - £40,000 -SalfordQuays
My client is an innovative, award-winning startup providing online payments, with recently secured funding. They are looking to expand and recruit a highly talented and technically experienced java based software developer.
You will be a 100% self-starter and job-finisher who is technically astute and can act as the second in command to the technical lead. Working in the technical side of a small team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and competing demands on resources/time.
Fantastic opportunity and huge potential for career and profile development for the right candidate as the company grows.
Reporting directly to the technical lead, the role will be roughly divided 60% on operational and 40% on development.
Essential Skills: Java, Spring/AJAX, MySQL 5.5
Desirable Skills: HTML5, CCS3, JQuery, PCI experience
- Proactively identify and implement code enhancements to the system to produce improvements in performance, reliability, security, etc.
- Debug system problems and carry out small changes and amendments to application.
- Develop new areas of functionality - through system life cycle (e.g. integration, customer feedback, release and engineering phases).
- Integration with new payment systems.
- Some simple HTML styling work.
- Ensure best practices for architecture, design, and development.
- Characterise and document the behavior of software, ownership of wiki / technical documentation.
- Monitor and take ownership of development standards and procedures and contribute to PCI.
- Help to manage delivery of solutions to customers.
- Handle client queries.
- Manage ongoing relationship with key technology partners and other 3rd parties.
- Research and recommend technology and tools.
As this is such a diverse role, below are examples of relevant experience:
- Payments / card payments industry
- Development in an Agile environment
- End-to-end service delivery, delivering complex technical solutions
- Experience of PCI Compliant environments
- Testing, test plans, practical knowledge of test frameworks
- Exposure to eCommerce solutions are an advantage.
To be considered for this role forward your CV to Heather O'Rourke at computer futures or call 0161 817 7888 to discuss in more detail.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com