Senior Software Engineer (Java, Spring, Hibernate, Python, Linux HA)
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 pa
My client is an award-winning startup specialising in mobile. With substantial funding early last year, they are expanding further to meet increasing demand and have immediate requirements for highly technically experienced Senior Software Engineers (along with a junior software engineer) (Java, Spring, Hibernate, Python, Linux HA) to help develop new features for the company and assist with leading projects and coaching junior staff.
Reporting to and working closely with the Technical Lead, the Senior Software Engineer will have at least 3 years' experience and a solid background using Java with Spring and Hibernate.
This is a rare opportunity to make a real difference. The right candidate must be happy to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with shifting priorities. In return they will get the chance to work in a collaborative and innovative environment where initiative and new ideas are welcomed. They will also be able to build on previous experience across many different disciplines including high availability, architecture design and development, service oriented architectures, payments and security.
If you're motivated, driven and pay particular attention to delivering technical excellence, then you may be what we're looking for!
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Java, Spring and Hibernate
- Solid understanding of Linux HA, MySQL and general system administration
- Software Debugging and Unit Testing
- Object-Oriented Design
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a software development role or 2 years' experience in software development plus 2 years' experience in systems administration.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Tomcat, Django, BASH, Flask, Redis, Celery and Memcached
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- PCI-DSS compliant architectures
- Knowledge of full-stack web technologies
- Software Development Lifecycle (preferably Agile)
- Using provided methodologies and tool sets, develop new features for the clients processing solution through the development lifecycle (e.g. integration, user feedback, release and engineering phases).
- Complete programming using provided language and software products, including Java, Python and Eclipse.
- Perform unit and integration testing for 100% code coverage on existing components and new features.
- Integrate applications by contributing to the design of database and service-oriented architecture; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, backend payment processors and web applications.
- Mentor junior staff in day-to-day maintenance of the clients systems, including security patches, kernel updates, documentation and reviewing logs.
- Assist with both internal and external support. Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Proactively identify and implement code enhancements to the system to produce improvements in systems automation, performance, reliability, security, etc.
- Debug system problems and carry out small changes and amendments to application.
- Flexibility/teamwork - willing to support colleagues to respond to changing priorities. No job is considered "not my responsibility".
- High levels of initiative and a multi-tasker.
- Strong security-oriented mindset required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Confident Communicator - ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients verbally and in writing.
To be considered for this rare opportunity forward your CV to Heather O'Rourke or call on 0161 817 7888 for more details.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com