This job is no longer available
My client is currently looking for a candidate to join their company as a Head of Manufacturing. This new exciting business is looking for someone to help develop and bring to market a new diagnostic device. The succsessful candidate will be required to work between both the United States & the United Kingdom.
The Head of Manufacturing will be responsible for managing all operations related to manufacturing, materials, facilities, distribution, engineering and maintenance to ensure smooth, continuous, cost effective and controlled manufacture of products in support of the business' forecasts and inventory goals. The scope of this position covers Medical Device Diagnostic systems.
Candidates main responsibilities:
- Shapes organizational culture within manufacturing operations through engaging, empowering and serving all staff
- Demonstrates strong people leadership competencies covering successful talent recruitment and development, leading high performing teams, creating organizational capability
- Effectively partners with all functional leads in the matrix organization to deliver
- Ensures goals are established, aligned and communicated by all teams.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards.
- Provides reports to team on interpretation of results and implements changes in direction of plans
- Selects, identifies training / development needs and coaches direct reports
- Coordinates and collaborates with other groups on site and in the organization, establishes the new Assay manufacturing group as one team.
- Partners with Research & Development, FOD, QRC in the introduction of new products
- Reviews and approves adequate plans for the control of quality, planned outputs, programs, budget spending.
- Defines and recommends objectives for manufacturing operations, develops specific short and long term plans and programs to drive continuous improvement
- Responsible for development and delivery of productivity plans, LEAN manufacturing and Process Excellence roadmap and execution strategies while creating an environment of Continuous Improvement.
- Ensures organization stays compliant ready for internal and external compliance audits.
- Ensures the smooth flow of manufacturing operations to meet on time production deliveries
- Ensures long term capacity plans are in place to meet the growth initiatives
- Has a direct contribution to the development of business and operational strategies with responsibility for managing multiple teams of professionals.
- To be suitable for this role candidates are require to have a PhD in Engineering, Manufacturing or Science.
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in manufacturing, operations management, or supply chain management is required.
- Preferably Medical Device Class IIb or Pharmaceutical regulated industry expereince.
- Familiarity with 21 CFR Parts 820
- Working knowledge of the EU Medical Device and Pharmaceutical directives.
- Strong ability to create and implement vision and set strategic direction.
- Strong organization and people develop; fosters the development of others.
- Familiarity and experience in budget management
If you are interested in this role, have any questions about this position or would like to register your interest in other positions, please feel free to send your up to date CV or contact me on 0207 758 7322
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com