This job is no longer available
I am currently recruiting for an Offshore Heavy Lift Supervisor for an Offshore wind farm in North Wales.
The Heavy Lift Supervisor will provide support to the Heavy Lift Manager and will have the shared day to day responsibility for delivering / executing all lifting operations. The workscope for lifting includes, all activities related to the installation of foundations, turbines, 132/33kV Substation and Inter-turbine Cables, including the base port harbour storage and assembly of components prior to load out.
Offshore Heavy Lift Supervisor
- Managing the offshore lifting operations of foundations, turbines and 132/33kV Substation jackets through the appropriate Lift Plan, Tool Box Talk at the start of every shift, project PTW system and offshore access controls with the primary focus being Health and Safety.
- Supporting the Client Offshore Representatives / Construction Managers and Contractor Site Supervisors in the execution of their roles.
- Vetting all Lift Plans and associated Risk Assessments / Method Statements subsequent to approving them. This will involve detailed understanding of the onshore construction works for a wind farm and the ability to adapt and modify RAMS submissions to reflect the daily changing circumstances that can occur.
- Providing the Heavy Lift Manager with project management reports, for inclusion in the monthly project report.
- Alerting the Heavy Lift Manager, General Site Manager, Deputy Site Manager, Senior Construction Manager to any perceived trends relating to HSE risks or transgressions developing onshore as they arise; e.g. early warning.
- Stopping any lift operation for immediate health and safety and protection of environment reasons.
Knowledge and Skills:
Offshore experience in a similar role
- Appropriate Appointed Person - Crane Supervisor training by UK accredited training provider
- Relevant experience in planning and executing onshore lifting operations
- Experience of heavy engineered lifting operations within the relevant scope of work
- Understanding of applicable HSE legislation and BS 7121
- Understanding the PUWER Regulations 1998
- Understanding the LOLER Regulations 1998
If you are interested in this role then please do not hesitate to forward the latest copy of your CV along with your current work situation.
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.