Senior Operational Auditor, Insurance, London, £55,000 + ben
A vacancy has arisen as a result of internal movement and a Senior Operational Auditor is sought with well versed Internal Auditor experience from an Insurance background ideally, although those from Retail / Corporate Banking will be considered. Our client is seeking an Auditor with demonstrable gravitas and an ability to think outside the box insofar as aiding advance the Group's Internal Audit function.
The successful candidate will be tasked with providing independent assurance to management and the Audit Committee on the adequacy of the financial and operational control environment and to recommend improvements in its effectiveness. In addition, the successful candidate will play a key role in the overall development and management of the Internal Audit team insofar as assisting with the embedding of a strong risk and controls culture within the Group, assist the Head of Audit/ Senior Audit Manager in preparing the annual risk based Audit Plan for approval by the Audit Committee, manage and participate where necessary in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) s404 testing to evaluate the effectiveness of the controls in operation in line with the annual SOX testing plan and contribute to the development of the internal audit methodology and working practices operated by the department.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* Extensive Internal Audit experience within Financial Services (3/4 years minimum)
* Broad knowledge of Risk Management Framework
* Extensive knowledge of Insurance Accounting techniques
* Leadership and Management skills, especially in developing and maintaining a
robust internal control environment
* A flexible demeanour to changing business needs and adaptability to accommodate varied situations.
* Degree educated / qualified accountant (preferably big 4 trained)
The remuneration on offer is a competitive c£55,000-£60,000 + excellent benefits
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com