This job is no longer available
Salary: up to £40K
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Tim Hall
Our client is a leading Building Design Consultancy who provide building design advice across a range of sectors. They are currently looking for a Sustainable Design Engineer to join their highly experienced engineering team.
Example tasks include
• Report writing explaining modelling outcomes and recommendations.
• IES modelling, thermal simulation, heating, ventilation, and coordination of services and scheduling
• Conducting computer-based thermal modelling and energy infrastructure optimisation calculations.
• Conducting daylight levels studies in various buildings using IES VE software.
• Comparison of proposed design strategies and compliance with building regulations.
• Conducting feasibility studies to determine the most appropriate energy strategies.
• Predicting energy performance and usage profiles
• Assessing Part L building regulations compliance and producing reports with findings for new and existing buildings.
• Competent in the Use of IES Virtual Environment Software for the building of models, analysis of summertime overheating, daylight analysis, shading and shadow analysis
• Energy usage analysis for different building envelope/glazing/shading/M&E systems, Part ‘L’ building regulations compliance.
• At least one years’ experience in commercial practice in the use of IES Virtual Environment tools.
• Possible BREEAM Assessor ( not essential as training will be provided for the right candidate)
• Comfortable and confident in meeting and presenting IES outcomes to other design team members and clients.
• Good writing and communication skills.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
email@example.com or +44 (0)203 002 2877