This job is no longer available
This position is responsible for the execution of sales and specification efforts with global owners, EPCs, and end-users within a defined region. The incumbent works collaboratively with his/her global project team counterparts and domestic and international business units to ensure sales growth in the global project market. The incumbent must possess complex engineering knowledge, commercial acumen and polish, and excellent presentation and communication skills.
2011 regional project sales: 5-7 Million
2012 regional project sales: 7-10 Million
2013 regional project sales: 10-15 Million
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with internal, cross-divisional, agency and distributor resources to define regional project pipeline looking forward 3-5 years.
- Work with Director, Global Projects to define target accounts and to develop and execute penetration and growth strategies.
- Drive product demand through specification with end-users, Engineering Procurement and Construction Firms (EPCs), Architectural and Engineering (A & E) Firms, Design/build contractors (D/B) contractors.
- Coordinate between Global Project Team, international agencies, and local sales management and marketing teams on selecting distribution partners, defining pricing strategies, etc. on strategic global projects.
- Work with international agencies and regional sales management to leverage specification position and project knowledge to develop productive relationships within strategic distribution partners.
- Work with global marketing team to define appropriate sales and specification tools, develop targeted marketing collateral and presentations, and define competitive landscape.
- Close collaboration and project intelligence sharing with regional counterparts at other company divisions.
- Stay abreast of new technology, market developments, appropriate standard societies, and competitor offerings. Report trends and developments to appropriate sales, marketing, and management personnel.
- Support new product releases and new/adjacent market development.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in specification sales and/or business development in the industrial construction industry or related field
- Proven change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer sensitivity and customer communication skills
- Experience in managing / developing project schedules, budgets, technical scope and personnel
- Practitioner of risk identification and mitigation
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proven analytical / problem solving skills
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to handle a substantial workload and multiple complex problems simultaneously
- Flexibility to travel
- Proficient computer skills including the daily use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint