Electronic Design Engineer - Western Ireland
To work as part of a team designing and developing new products and researching and developing innovative technologies for switchgear and other power control applications
- Responsible for the design and development of new products from concept to transfer into manufacturing.
- Liaise with customers to understand their needs and fully capture new product design requirements.
- Follow a structured new product development process and conduct design reviews at pre-defined stage-gates in the company's NPD process.
- Design and develop electronic circuitry and electro-mechanical components.
- Debug prototype designs and ensure that new product designs are robust through the use of design margin evaluation (DME) techniques.
- Complete design verification testing and ensure that product designs comply with internal company standards and international regulatory standards.
- Responsible for reliability engineering and dFMEA reviews on new product designs.
- Participate in DFM reviews for new product designs.
- Candidates must be qualified to degree level in Electronics Engineering or in a related discipline. A Masters level qualification is desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a design and development role in a related field or industry.
- A strong technical background in one or more of the following is required: -
- analogue circuitry
- power electronics
- electro-mechanical devices
- Experience in the use of schematic capture, PCB layout tools and in electronic software simulation tools is essential.
- Methodical approach with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills are essential.
- Good project management skills.
- A working knowledge of IPC standards for electronic assemblies and IEC/EN standards for electrical products is desirable.
Please send an upto date CV to Priya Sirpal as soon as possible to be in for a chance to be shortlisted.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com