This job is no longer available
My client provides cloud solutions to companies around the world with
their headquarters based in Dublin City Centre. They are looking for a
system engineer to join their small infrastructure team. This is a very
hands-on role that will combine linux administration, capacity planning
and escalation duties. You will be collaborating with developers and other
Sys Admins to enhance, support and maintain the systems which run their
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring High Availability through active monitoring and metrics gathering
- Dealing with server outages and service degradation
- Provision of root-cause and log analysis
- Enhancement of our system infrastructure through scripting and automation
- Point-of-Contact for our customer support team
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong desire to build; sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Handle tense situations with a cool head, this is a responsible role that
will require a high signal/low noise communication
- Strong scripting and debugging skills (Unix shell scripts, python)
- Experience with systems provisioning
- Installation, management and support of Python environments
(mod_wsgi, Python, Apache2, nginx)
- Demonstrable commercial and practical experience in management of Linux
- Ability to provide on-call support outside business hours
You are likely to spend time as a member of one of our product development
teams, attending feature planning sessions, bringing requirements back to the
infrastructure team and participating in root-cause analysis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the latest in cloud technologies.
There is a brand new role with great salary on offer for the right candidate.
If you feel like this will be the right move in your career then do not hesitate
to send me an up-to-date CV in Word format and/ or contact me on 018883444.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com