This job is no longer available
- Identify and escalate risk exposures to Risk Owners, Directors and business management within Retail Banking on a timely basis, with the appropriate context and weight, and monitor that action plans are in place to address the risk;
- Ensure that risk is managed in line with risk appetite and policy across Retail Banking and evidenced through appropriate MI and reporting demonstrating that this approach is robust;
- Providing expert risk advice to support to the Retail Bank on both a proactive and on request basis;
- Advocate and role model the risk management framework and positively contribute to the embedding of a risk based culture, coaching, influencing and challenging all colleagues to take personal accountability for risk based decision making;
- Independently challenge and influence Senior Managers, peers and colleagues in relation to risk management;
- Drive excellent communication between the Business Risk Function and other business units in Retail Banking
- Lead, motivate and develop the team within the unit to ensure an effective working environment, employee commitment and consistently high performance; and
- Proactively contribute to ensure an effective working environment, colleague commitment and consistently high performance.
- Maintain the clear definitions for the key risks to be managed within Retail Banking; and
- Oversee and challenge the identification of Risks within the business and :
- Identification of potential risks through analysis and interpretation of all appropriate MI to ensure they have appropriate remediation plans and are effectively managed.
- Review, challenge and influence the measurement of risks within Retail Banking;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the risk appetite / tolerance thresholds and
- Support the defining of and establishment of key metrics / other measures for reporting and monitoring exposures against appetite.
- Review and challenge Risk Policy, ensuring that it remains robust and appropriate;
- Contribute to the drafting of Control Standards as appropriate
- Manage and challenge processes, policies, systems and controls across Bank, ensuring that Risk is effectively managed.
- Ensure that Retail Bank business units are proactively provided with expert, trusted advice on:
- the impacts and risks arising from regulatory changes, and
- the implications and risks that arise from proposed changes in strategy, structure, business activities, relationships, products and processes, to enable the first line of defence to operate a successful business that meets regulatory expectations and demonstrates customer focus, responsibility, openness and fairness.
- Review and challenge risk reporting frameworks spanning the activities within the Retail Bank;
- Provide advocacy for, and support of, the establishment of a quality assurance culture which promotes integrity in all aspects of our relationships with customers, counterparties and regulators, ensuring alignment with the Co-operative's values and principles; and
- Support the identification, development and delivery of essential Risk-related compliance training within Bank.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Risk Framework are communicated effectively throughout Retail Banking
- Provide support, guidance and training to help the embedding of personal standards within Bank;
- Identify and escalate instances of inappropriate or inadequate management of risk in the Retail Bank
- Monitor key risks (Prudential and Conduct) and impact on Retail Bank;
- Regularly review and analyse risk management information, including but not limited to the key metrics, to determine the risk profile for the Retail Bank;
- Monitor that identified control failures and breaches of policies within the risk control framework are reviewed and reported (including escalation to the OperationalRegulatory Risk Director, CRO and to Executive Committee in line with the agreed event escalation process that is defined in each control framework) and that appropriate action to bring risk exposures back in line with appetite and report where this is the case;
- Undertake the assessment of the effectiveness of risk management activity across Bank and recommend necessary changes;
- Monitor management information to verify that the control framework is implemented and operating effectively across Retail Banking and ensure consistency of policy application and standards
If you would like to apply for this position please contact me and send me your CV
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com