A position for two boiler operators has been created to join a successful waste-to-energy company near Bristol. The position is a full time job share to provide 7days/week day on an assigned shift and additional support in order.
This is skilled work in the operation, maintenance, and servicing of high pressure steam boilers and related equipment. The boilers each operate at 40barg with 400C superheat to provide 33T/hr steam to steam turbines.
Work involves responsibility for the operation, servicing, and repair of high pressure steam boilers, pumps, motors, burners, de-ashing, safety devices, boiler controls, and recording devices. In addition the boiler operator will operate and maintain the steam turbines and air cooled condenser.
- Operates and adjusts boilers in the steam generating plant, maintaining maximum boiler efficiency by adjusting, reading, and interpreting gauges, indicators, and steam flow meters.
- Maintains various records and reports in boiler log.
- Makes regular checks of plant equipment and makes adjustments, repairs, and services equipment as required.
- Supervises or performs the chemical testing and treatment of boiler feed water.
- Maintaining site tidiness and general good housekeeping throughout the boiler plant.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety
Person Requirements, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the proper operation and maintenance of high pressure steam generation plant equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of steam plant safety standards and procedures.
- To have an understanding of Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Permit to Work Systems
- Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams, written orders, control gauges, manufacturer's operating instructions books, and to record boiler plant information.
- Ability to operate and regulate boiler plant equipment and to make adjustments as required for plant output.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral or written instructions on power plant operation.
- Skill in repairing and maintaining various types of steam plant equipment.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com