This job is no longer available
The Business Analyst needs to develop exceptional links with the business and support the communication and delivery of the business requirements with key stakeholders internally and externally. Also work with 3rdparties where required; these third parties could involve external technology suppliers as well as external/off shore development teams. Within the IT department the Business Analyst acts as the conduit to and from the business and within the business units has responsibility for identifying business needs. The Business Analyst is the voice of IT for the business and as such needs to have a detailed understanding of how a retail business operates. The Business Analyst will typically work alongside Project Managers and Change Managers as well as others in an IT delivery team during the course of a project or programme.
The ideal Business Analyst will have:
- Business Intelligence and a detailed understanding of retail and the associated business processes in key business functions including; buying and merchandising, logistics, store operations and finance.
- The ability to gain respect and respectfully challenge others to get results.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Problem Solving - able to identify critical issues and know how to solve them.
- Be creative and able to consider alternative solutions where required - these may not be IT solutions but people or process changes.
- Be able to quickly understand the business issues and data challenges within an organisation and industry.
- Be able to identify strengths and weaknesses in an area and offer potential solutions.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Able to be tactful and to know how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to a broad selection of stakeholders across different levels and parts of a retail organisation.
- Be able to lead as well as facilitate.
- Be able to understand where value lies within a business and build business cases and benefits recommendations to support that.
- Technical understanding for the IT and development teams while at the same time be able to communicate in business language to the business teams.
The Business Analyst will be:
- Able to work in a team as well as individually.
- Have a detailed understanding of the lifecycle of a business/IT project or programme.
- Have a good knowledge of best practice in the industry in terms of business process and technology change.
- Have an understanding of the core areas of Business Change Management and how to successfully implement change within a business.
If you are interested in this Business Analyst opportunity please contact Trishna Thakrar at Real Staffing on 02077587366
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com