This job is no longer available
Senior Design Engineer x2 and Design Engineer x1
(Some European Travel involved)
Competitive Salary Dependent on your experience
Plus Financial Incentives for any IP/Patents generated
These exciting roles come to market from an international manufacturer running a high tech facility in the west midlands area. Following recent growth and ahead of a significant new project win they are seeking to grow their engineering team with the addition of 3 new staff.
The latest project to come onboard has been won exclusively and will see the team working on a concept basis to revolutionise a product area currently characterised by outdated and underperforming equipment.
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Conceptual design and development of new products
- Design of pneumatic/fluid control components or assemblies
- Generating IP's/Patents
- FEA, FMEA, CAE analysis
- Develop test/ design verification plans
- Support the senior design engineer, generate bills of materials and write technical reports
Additional Responsibilities of the senior role are as follows:
- Leading design and development
- Managing designs through APQP
- Reporting to senior management with monthly reviews and updates
- Supporting sales (key account managers) in a customer facing technical role, may include attending meetings throughout the EU
- EU travel approx once a month
- Co-ordinate workload with quality, production etc - run monthly meetings
Note: there is an overlap between these two positions depending on the skills of the employee.
Previous experience that would be suitable for this role includes but is not limited to:
Pneumatic/ Fluid Control Components or assemblies, Actuators, Valves, hydraulics, compressors, HVAC, automotive/yellows goods experience that includes pneumatic/hydraulic design or rail experience
Telephone interviews for this role are being arranged for next week this will be followed by 1 stage formal interview before a final decision. To apply for this role send your CV in ASAP for consideration.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com