This job is no longer available
Infrastructure Engineer, High Frequency Trading House,London, Competitive Salary
A London based high frequency trading house are keen to higher an infrastructure engineer.
This is a permanent role with great options for career progression within one ofLondon's most renowned financial institutions.
- Deploy and support IT infrastructure for the European operations of a global proprietary trading firm. This will include data centre infrastructure distributed among several data centres.
- Assist traders in optimising the performance of their trading applications.
- Work closely with the global infrastructure team to build, deploy and troubleshoot new systems in local data centres, including switches, routers, Linux servers and Windows servers.
- Support IT infrastructure and users to a small but growing number of users in theLondonoffice.
- Monitor systems and proactively resolve system problems.
- Ideal candidates will have 4 or more years experience within the IT systems administration field.
- It is essential that candidates are well versed in the administration, troubleshooting and operations of Linux, Windows and Cisco systems.
- Command line Linux systems administration experience is required.
- Command line Cisco systems administration experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting Windows desktops and servers is required.
- Previous experience working within a high frequency trading firm is advantageous.
- Any scripting experience using Python or Perl is a bonus.
- A computer science based degree is also beneficial.
Salary and compensation package will depend on experience and the skills the candidate has to offer but will be in line with expectations at a top-flight financial institution.
If you are interested in this role then please forward you CV to the email address listed.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com