This job is no longer available
1. Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
2. Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
3. Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
4. Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
5. Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
6. Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
7. Coordinates and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
8. Oversees the administration of specific government required workers' compensation programs, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
9. Oversee the Preparation and arrangement of safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com