This job is no longer available
A recent restructure has led to an urgent requirement for an experienced development manager or head of development to join and manage a mid-sized team of technical specialists based between multiple sites in the UK. The successful candidate must understand the full development lifecycle, have a strong process-orientated approach, be familiar with at least one development methodology (such as agile or v-model) and have worked in technical teams using SQL Server, Microsoft .Net / C# or Java and ERP systems (ideally Dynamics AX / Axapta / SAP etc).
The development manager MUST have experience in:
- managing mid to large size teams of technical staff with a development focus
- a service orientated approach
- experience in a multi-site environment: minimum EMEA experience, global desired
- a strong focus on project deliverables and a good commercial acumen / business understanding
- technical knowledge across multiple systems including SQL Server, .Net / C#, ERP (any tier-1 ERP system such as Microsoft Dynamics / SAP / EBS etc considered)
- working with diverse groups of people
Core skills for this role would include:
- ability to "speak techie" as well as with the business (i.e. strong communication and stakeholder management skills; experience working at VP/C-level desirable)
- excellent planning and presentation skills
- strong attention to detail (an ops background / process orientated approach ideal)
- an ability to "take informed risks" - careful consideration of technical issues but willing to make decisions
- project focused but able to keep the "bigger picture" in mind
Additionally, any experience as part of a major change programme within IT would be helpful, as would knowledge of Service Orientated Architecture / SOA.
This is a very important role and the successful candidate will have a clear and achievable promotion path laid out for them. Above all else, excellent communication skills and a sense of gravitas are integral for this position, as is a solid technical background and a real understanding of how development teams work as a whole and fit into the wider business.
An excellent salary of between £60,000 - £70,000 is on offer, in addition to excellent benefits including company car, bonus, strong pension scheme, full private health care and much more.
This position is based from Manchester 3 days a week with some ability to work from home but travel (between North-UK sites in Lanacshire/Yorkshire) WILL be required 2 days per week on average.
Please don't miss out on this excellent opportunity - submit a current CV marked for the attention of Chris Reilly and/or call on 0161 817 7888 ASAP.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com