This job is no longer available
Are you a strong Teaching Assistant?
Do you hold Level 2 Teaching Assistant Qualification?
Looking for a new challenge?
Looking to further your Teaching Career?
The Hundred of Hoo School are looking to appoint a permanent Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible. You will be required to 25 hours per week over 38 weeks per year. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a progressive and innovative secondary school.
You will be required to:-
- Support the class teacher to attain targets set under their individual educational programmes
- Provide teaching support in small groups and on a 1-2-1 basis
- Promote positive behaviour patterns and raising self esteem
- Assist in preparing the classroom and materials
- Ensure the lesson objectives are understood by pupils
- Administration of Special Educational Needs (SEN), keeping lesson by lesson records of assistance given
You must have:-
Previous Teaching Assistant experience
Level 2 NVQ in Teaching and Learning
GCSE's in English and Maths Grades A*-C
Good knowledge and understanding of English, Maths, Science or SEN
Able to support pupils with from all ages and abilities
* Please note that applications will only be accepted via Tracy Wisdom at Capita Education and forms must be returned for short listing *
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.