This job is no longer available
Cost Engineer (Engineering / Manufacture / EPC) Leeds
Huxley Associates and a global Engineering Manufacturer in the Oil & Gas Industry are looking to recruit a Cost Analyst on a permanent basis for their site based near Leeds.
Reporting into the Senior Project Management Team, the Cost Engineer will be responsible for managing all internal and external project changes and to ensure that project costs are accurately maintained to ensure that project margins are delivered.
The Cost Engineer is responsible for the following key activities:-
- Responding to internal and external changes efficiently and accurately, creating, costing and approving the change to the Customer.
- Coordinating change requests for the Project Package Manager through the process and working on variants of changes for the customer to review the change effect.
- Liaising with plant and project functions (including bidding, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing) to ensure cost, margin and schedule implications are derived.
- Monitoring ongoing project activities to ensure associated costs are as per project bid, and where necessary, managing the cost difference.
- Preparing cost reports
- Maintaining register of changes and project margin.
The Cost Analyst role interfaces with multiple departments including: Project Manager, Project Accountants;, Project Planner, Tender Team, Engineering, Procurement Manufacturing & Master Scheduling.
Experience of the following would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Engineering Products
- Experience in cost management / estimating
- Experience of SAP computer systems preferable or equivalent
- Leadership / drive to get results
- Presentation skills and ability to articulate problems and issues
- IT Skills to include MS PowerPoint, excel & word
- Knowledge of project planning tools
Experience of cost analysis / cost engineering within Engineering / Manufacture / EPC would be beneficial for this role.
For the successful Cost Analyst, a salary up to £45,000 is on offer.
If this Cost Engineer role is of interest, please apply via the link below.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com