This job is no longer available
Are you a Teacher of History?
Looking for a new challenge?
Capita Education is looking to appoint a permanent Teacher of History to work within a highly successful Secondary School based within Gravesend to start in July/September 2013.
This excellent opportunity for a Teacher of History to join a team of specialist subject teachers who have led recent major improvements in their results, this is also an opportunity to develop skills and qualities for future leadership.
You will be responsible for:-
- Creating a high quality sharing, caring learning environment in which everyone is a successful learner and achieves and enjoys learning.
- Ensuring that up to date records of student achievement and quality assurance processes are maintained
- Ensuring students have opportunities to gain self confidence through supported opportunities including risk taking and independent learning.
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with school policies and demonstrate good practice with regard to attendance, appearance, punctuality, behaviour, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Qualified Teacher, PGCE or GTP
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of subject area (History)
- Principles and practices of monitoring, assessment and evaluation
- An ability to lead both students in your specialist skills areas
- Strong behavioural management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
* Please note that applications will only be accepted via Tracy Wisdom at Capita Education and forms must be returned for short listing *
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.