Based in South Africa and reporting directly to the G.M. Eastern Hemisphere (Mission production technologies) you are responsible for the sales and promotion of the entire suite of Mission production equipment within the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
Key deliverables:1. Achieve targeted revenue and profitability, measured against agreed business plan, by identifying, developing and delivering sales from key target clients and projects2. Develop sales opportunities, through the establishment and / or management of a distributor / representative network or direct to clients of the company's differentiating technologies, with the aim of establishing long-term business relationships with key existing and new clients3. Able to create and deliver on a long term strategy and support the sales & business development of the Mission Products Group in the sub-Saharan Africa region
1. Initiate sales process with potential new clients2. Develop sales and budget plan for territory3. Contribute to global sales team with forecasts, weekly reports, market intelligence, etc.4. Lead the preparation and submission of technical and commercial proposals5. Establish and manage an agent & representatives network in designated territory.6. Negotiate contracts on behalf of the Company when required.7. Support the development of client relationships through business and social interaction.8. Attend exhibitions & industry forums as required in pursuit of new business.9. Support other departments and carry out duties as and when business requirements dictate.10. Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company policy11. Be fully familiar and fully conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times12. Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
- Min. HND/degree science/eng or advanced service related accreditation
- Advanced sales training
- Additional sales qualification
- 5+ years in an oil and gas sales/BD role, with process / production equipment (preferred) and / or drilling and work over rigs in sub -Saharan Africa
- Good knowledge of client business culture and operations
- Extensive knowledge of oil and gas production technologies both onshore and offshore
Skills, training or special knowledge
- Good client engagement skills
- Understanding of formal bid/proposal systems
- High level of technical competency in production and / or drilling /well service
- Ability to travel
- Strategy development and execution
- Business finance and planning
- Team player
- Results focused
- Consultative relationship builder
- Good communicator
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Huxley Associates is an international recruitment agency specialising in the placement of senior professionals in a diverse range of sectors.