This job is no longer available
We are looking for a System Engineer and IT specialist for our Client based in Oxford. This is a exciting role for an IT Systems Engineer with a few years experience under their belt, looking for a role in a Global and market leading organisation. You will need to have plenty of enthusiasm and understanding of IT Systems
· Install and maintain testing environments encompassing a variety of technologies primarily Windows based.
· Work with various major hardware and software partners on development of alpha and beta hardware and software.
· Validate that the products exceed the specified quality thresholds, working alongside the company's domain experts, with particular focus on their product security.
· The selected candidate will be encouraged to develop professional visibility, participate in professional societies, contribute to technical publications, and collaborate on advanced projects.
Required Skills and experience
· A few years general experience of IT and troubleshooting.
· Experience of working in a complex Windows environment.
· Excellent troubleshooting, with the ability to find the root cause of a problem in a demanding technical environment.
· Experience with scripting, preferably including Python and/or batch/shell scripts.
· Creative and imaginative - adept at proposing and implementing innovative solutions for complex problems.
· An understanding of software development processes would be an advantage.
· Proactive, with the ability to predict problems and anticipate solutions before issues arise.
· Experience in Linux and/or Virtualisation would be an advantage.
If this is the role for you or you know someone who is suitable, please apply for more detailed information, remembering to attach a CV
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com