This job is no longer available
Location: Home based with regular travel into London
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Tim Hall
The Green Recruitment Company are currently working alongside a young, dynamic, high tech Smart Grid company. Our client has an extensive patent portfolio and in-depth know-how relating to energy generation, demand and balancing.
Our client requires a BMS project engineer to provide hands-on support for their technology roll-out and commissioning at client sites across the UK.
• The BMS project engineer will provide technical and project support for our clients’ projects from concept to project sign-off.
• To provide input to technical description and validation of the project strategy, during the concept stage.
• Provide the technical input during the initial field trials/validation.
• Provide audit support of selected sub-contractors during the roll-out and sign off phase of projects.
• To prepare technical specifications for new projects based on our client’s patented technology being utilised in HVAC, pumping or refrigeration systems.
• Support, manage and audit electrical and software sub-contractors.
• Generate systems specifications, systems acceptance plans, project roll out solutions that meet our client’s budget and time frames.
• Manage projects according to set procedures, augmented by best practice so the project proceeds effectively through all stages of the development cycle.
• Auditing the work of sub-contractors, detailing snag lists and sign-off of individual sites against an agreed “system acceptance test” will be a key part of the candidate’s accountabilities.
• The BMS Project Engineer will possess a high level of technical skill, be trained in BMS controls coding and have extensive industrial experience. This will typically have been achieved through degree level education in an electrical/electronic discipline or through an electrical apprenticeship.
• An eye for detail during the early specification phase of the project is required. Knowledge of data telemetry hardware, systems and implementation is needed when scoping out the appropriate technical solution.
Required candidate skills
• The BMS Project Engineer will have hands-on experience of Tridium and other control software utilised in BMS HVAC systems.
• Specifically, working knowledge of coding Tridium and other Building Management Systems knowledge of SCADA and PLC systems would be a distinct advantage.
• A detailed knowledge of HVAC strategies and coding the implementation.
• Good communication skills coupled with a “can do” and “get the job done” attitude is integral to the hands-on nature of project management during the roll out phase.
• Recognised qualification and experience in safe working practices relating to plant power panels, wiring drawings and fault finding in HVAC systems desirable.
• Knowledge of refrigeration or chiller systems and control desirable.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 203 002 2877