Trainee Systems Administrator, London, Hedge Fund
Trainee Systems Administrator,London, Hedge Fund, Lucrative Package
Premier Hedge fund seeking a highly motivated, smart and technical person to work for a financial institution who invest time and money in the latest technologies.
This is a great permanent opportunity to work for a vibrant, fun and stimulating company in an interesting infrastructure role.
- Exposure to a wind range of technologies on a daily basis.
- Monitoring automated trading systems
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange management
- Vmware ESX virtual infrastructure
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments, including Windows XP and Windows 7
- Server upgrades and deployments
- Server and workstation hardware (diagnostics and repair)
- Security issues and improvements
- Software upgrades
- Backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plans
- Automated software packaging and releasing system
- Perl scripts and PowerShell cmdlets to automate daily tasks
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Windows 7 desktop and Windows 2008 Server
- Server and workstation hardware
- Backup infrastructure
- Linux infrastructure
- Networking and major desktop applications - E.G. Microsoft Office.
- Ideal candidates are either recent graduates or with some experience within an IT role (6-18 months)
- Degree qualified, 2:1 or above. Computer Science based degrees are preferred but not essential.
- Any further academic qualifications are beneficial.
- 3 A-levels or equivalent to grade BBB or above.
Salary and compensation package will depend on experience and the skills the candidate has to offer but will be in line with expectations at a top-flight financial institution.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com