This job is no longer available
The Management Accountant is responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts for both the New Economics Foundation (nef) and its trading subsidiary nef consulting enabling the respective management teams to make sound financial decisions. The post-holder will prepare, develop and analyse management accounting information and provide high quality support to budget holders and project managers..
You will report to the Head of Finance.
- Work with the rest of the Finance team in order to ensure the production of management accounts
- Producing monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Produce the budget and quarterly forecasts for approval by the Head of Finance and Operations Director
- Preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
- Analysing variances and exploring potential problems with budget holders
- (not sure what this means)Preparation of cashflow statements, income and expenditure accounts and tax returns
- Developing, setting up, managing and maintaining financial systems/policies
- Setting up and maintaining reporting systems
- Improving the systems surrounding all aspects of the charity's budgets, forecasts and planning
- Carrying out any necessary research, analysing it and concluding on the information
- Providing financial support for the fundraising department, funding applications and reports to funders
- Undertaking financial administration and internal audits where and when required
- Assist with the audit preparation work to allow for timely completion of the annual financial statements
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues
- Providing financial support for the trading company of the charity
- To carry out other duties as agreed with the Head of Finance.
Qualifications and experience
- The successful candidate would ideally be a part qualified accountant or a finalist, who is looking to take the next step in their career
- At least two years relevant experience
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Highly numerate and advanced MS Excel user
- You will have commercial acumen and a good eye for detail, coupled with a strong academic background
- You will require excellent communication skills and have the ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals.
- Computer literate and solid understanding of accounting software principles
- Conversant with VAT and Gift Aid regulations
- Conscientious, methodical and well organised
- Able to work on own initiative
- Empathy with the aims and objectives of the nef is important