This job is no longer available
Are you looking for a new contract and can start immediately? A global organisation within the travel and leisure industry require an Application Support Analyst for 6 months. You will require the following skills and experience.
- Good technical skills in a multi application/platform environment , particularly related to support and development of application software
- 24x7 production support delivery experience (OOH Support Availability required)
- Previous SQL/Oracle administration skills
- Strong customer service background and ethic
Work Based Competencies
- Good all round systems architecture knowledge with a sound understanding of applications support, interfaces and hardware.
- Expertise in SQL (and/or Oracle), together with a good knowledge of databases and data management.
- Experience in ITIL Problem Management and root cause analysis
Testing and UAT
To support, where required, User Acceptance Testing, utilising installation instructions from the Implementation Lead
To ensure all systems within remit meets Business Continuity recovery targets and that all recovery processes are correctly documented and tested, especially post and major change or upgrade.
To maintain a good knowledge level of current trends and developments in own area of responsibility
- Adheres to corporate policies and procedures, including code of conduct, security and audit procedures and any control related responsibility for financial and personal data entered, stored, or reported via business systems within employee's control (list not exhaustive).
- Undertake ad hoc duties as required
Other Features of Job (travel, hours of work, working conditions etc):
- Main place of work will be CUK Southampton Office
- Periodic travel away from the office, ship visits or other operating companies
- Out of hours work as required
Rate will be on a daily basis and £180 - 200 per day depending on experience. This will last 6 months with likihood of extension.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com