This job is no longer available
A number of senior level SQL Server positions have become available within a leading retail client in York. Initially this client are urgently seeking an experienced SQL Server DBA to work on their large SQL estate; as a permanent employee in their offices in North Yorkshire. This position will require strong SQL skills and experience of MS-SQL 2008 environments, ideally both as a production DBA and in a development capacity.
* Perform Backup and Recovery of database(s).
* Perform Index and Query Tuning, and Data Archiving.
* Assist in developing local support of Production databases.
* Provide assistance in resolving problems with Production SQL Server databases and tracking SQL Server problems.
* Research and investigate Performance issues.
* SQL 2008 Database Operations
* Data Archiving
* Database Mirroring/Monitoring
* Log Shipping
* Experienced troubleshooting, investigating and researching performance errors and issues
* T-SQL experience
* Must be able to read and modify Stored Procedures
* Must have had experience with Schema Management and Database-related File System Management
Any experience in other database environments (e.g. Oracle, MySQL) or application servers such as Tomcat would be helpful but is not considered essential.
This is an exciting long-term opportunity where the right candidate has plenty of opportunity to progress into a senior technical or management role. There's a good basic salary of 35-40K p/a, in addition to a benefits package including generous holiday allowance and pension scheme on offer. Please get in touch by contacting Chris Reilly for more info by submitting a current CV and/or calling on 0161 817 7888.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com